It's no secret that I've had a pretty crappy year so far.
A marriage break-up, kiddie problems, battle with depression and anxiety, not to mention a run of bad luck with things like phones, computers and cars, mean the first half of 2010 has been a struggle.
I've been doing a lot of work on myself, including a course in Mindfulness, which is all about embracing life - the good and the bad.
And it's helped a lot.
Sometimes, finding five can be a challenge, but today I've clocked up my five things before midday:
- Sleeping in and waking up when I'm ready rather than leaping up to the sound of the alarm.
- Waking up warm and cosy in my bed, with my purring kitty beside me, and taking a few moments to enjoy the closeness.
- A long, hot bubble bath and a magazine, relishing the feel of the warm water seeping into my aching bones and joints.
- A cold chocolate skim milk drink for breakfast, because I felt like something comforting. My kids aren't here so I don't have to set a good example by eating a proper meal!
- Logging onto my computer and finding lots of messages of love, support, and fun from my incredible friends and family. Thanks so much.